Saturday, July 02, 2005


This is one of those spreads that opens several ways which makes it hard to photograph. I painted the background on a picnic table at a campground in Sevierville, KY at dusk. I woke up the next morning not thrilled with the colors. They worked out well though for the Smokie mountain map and photos. I'll be adding some photos to the blue part of this page. I usually leave a tab when I want to tip something in, but I didn't know I was going to be adding this map. I used clear packing tape on both sides and it worked well.I forgot to paint the blue part before I taped it, so I put some masking tape over that section and smeared on oil pastel. By the way Sievierville is pronounced like severe ville. We speculated on and off for hours about how to pronounce it. Posted by Picasa

No comments: