Monday, August 13, 2007

Last day of summer vacation


Yesterday was the last day of summer vacation. I went to church in the morning, and then came home and mostly vegged. About 5:30 my husband looked out the window toward the garden and called me to come and see. The flock of turkeys that we have watched in our field for the last two months was in our garden. The babies are nearly as big as the two moms. As we were watching the turkeys eat the grass and bugs, the doe and fawns that have been around for the past few weeks ambled into view. It was a blast watching the fawns interact with the turkeys. Of course, I grabbed the camera and tried to get some photos. I managed to get a couple of decent ones. Later, before I went to bed at the new and improved earlier time, I printed them out and journaled.

When we went out to wash the car we had to shoo the deer away. There were another doe and fawn that we didn't see from the window.

2 comments:

DAWN said...

What a glorious way to end summer vacation! you are very blessed to have such gifts from nature visit you on a regular basis.

bronwyn said...

Those fawns are soooo cute - just like bambi :) You're so lucky to have them wandering in your garden. That is really special!!!