Wednesday, June 01, 2005


Mostly book talk. Jodi asked in a comment what I use to write in white. I have two pens, the one I used on this page is an Uni-ball Signo gel pen. It's a wonderful pen. I love the liquid quality that it has. The other white one is a Galaxy Marker in milky way white. I just read that there are other colors of this one. I hope I can find some. The one I have says it is a broad point. The Galaxy is less opaque than the Signo. Both will write great over acrylic paint and also magazine images. I used some oil pastels on this page too. I really want to try the Caran D'ache Neocolor II Watersoluble Crayons. I like the effect of the pastels, but they won't work on some surfaces and they rub off. I'm hoping that won't happen with the watersoluable crayons.
 Posted by Hello

5 comments:

Shell said...

Especially love the last two pages - bright and beautiful!

Kathleen Marie said...

WOW--eye popping color here. I love that zing!

Shelly said...

I love your new pages!

I've got a bunch of Galaxy gel pens. They work very well.

As for Neocolors II, I think you'll really like them. They blend nicely. If you use them as a watercolory wash, you can write over them with just about everything. If you apply them thickly and use baby wipes to blend them, they develop a nice, hard (un-smeary!) surface that you can write on with most markers (I use Pitt pens, but Sharpies should work just as well).

Kaleidoscopic Kris said...

Wonderful, wow colors here! I love the Galaxy markers, too. In addition to the white I'm especially fond of Galactic Green, Astro Orange and Earth Blue. I use the Neocolor IIs all the time, but would like to upgrade to the artist grade ones that are really fat and chunky. With the regular crayon size you have to do an awful lot of scribbling to cover your pages nicely.

Kate said...

I like your pages.

For marking over things, I just bought some of the new Sharpie Opaque Poster Paint markers, and they're a lot of fun. They also come in gold and silver.