Tuesday, December 13, 2005
Cover for current journal
I got inspired last night when I saw this journal cover on Flickr. I am always amazed at how different mine turns out even when I think I am copying an idea. I glued a page from one of the books I made into an altered book to the front and back covers before I painted them. The paint stuck a lot better than it usually does to the composition book covers.
The flowers on the front of this are special to me because they were on a fabric bulletin board/collage that hung in my bedroom for years. I took it apart when we changed colors in the room and saved the things that were on it. These were so old and brittle that the paper sort of broke apart as I was cutting it in places.
The back has more of the flowers and some bits cut from old sheet music books. I just bought the blue duct tape at Wal-mart. I like the way it looks on the spine.