Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Snow Day and Tutu


The doodles are from last Thursday when I was waiting by the phone to see if we would have school called off for the snow. Here in Arkansas if we get any at all we miss school. The area below the date is a tracing from the pattern for the petals around the tutu I'm making my granddaughter. I have it gathered and the petals sewn up. I just need to turn them and sew it all to the waist band. I had no idea how to make a tutu, so I looked at the directions in a Simplicity pattern. I didn't actually buy the pattern because it was over $6 and it was in sizes 7-14 and I need a two.

This is the first page I've done in eight days. I wasn't very happy with it when I finished it, but I went on to do the covers of my newest journal which I liked a lot. I guess I needed a warm-up. Now that I look back at it, it's not so bad, just kind of plain.

1 comment:

Kathleen Pequignot said...

You've altered your writing angles, so that certainly adds interest to the spread. :) Some days, we just have to write more than we need to visualize! I think it's a perfectly fine page. :)