Friday, August 11, 2006

Driving through Nebraska

I was expecting Nebraska to be boring and I was pleasantly surprised that I really enjoyed the landscape. We were ready for a stop to get out and stretch our legs and maybe see something interesting so we looked in our Reader's Digest books and came up with Stuhr Museum of the Prairie Pioneer in Grand Island, Nebraska We wound up spending over three very enjoyable hours walking around and seeing not nearly everything. Just now searching for their web page to include here I found that there was a textile exhibit while we were there. I would have loved to have seen that. I left two pages blank to go back and journal with the photos we took there. I kept wishing that I had a crayon and a piece of paper to make rubbings. They had some really cool bricks in the sidewalks that had writing on them.

No comments: