Saturday, December 30, 2006

It seems I am sketching again.



I saw a magazine article about an artist and I loved her quick sketchy style. She did etchings. I sat down immediately and sketched one of her prints on this page. The painting I glued to the next page.



I thought I was done for the night, but I sketched four women I found in the same magazine. The first one I put on the endpaper of a book I had by my worktable to take pages out of for collage. I wound up gluing it into Maya's collaborative journal. The next three are here. I've never really wanted to sketch people before, but lately that's mostly what I've drawn. I am determined to overcome my fear of drawing noses! This morning I did two more drawings, this time from someone elses drawings. I'm hoping that will help me learn how to do the hard parts. I'll post them when I finish the pages I glued them to.

No comments: